Sunday, June 22, 2008

Girls Camp

I had the wonderful opportunity to go to Girls' Camp last week. (Heber Valley Camp) It was a blast!! You can feel the spirit so strongly there. It really isn't camping. There is electricty, running water, and cabins like you would never imagine. I am really glad that I went this year. It might have been my last year going to camp. I haven't decided if I am going next year or not.

The animals are pretty tame.
They walk right through the camp sites.
Our theme this year was "No Ward Is an Island". So we had a luau and we got to "dress up" for the occasion. :)

There are many activities at Heber Valley Camp. In the picture below I am with my friend Sarah. We went to Legacy Lake one day. When everybody was out on the water we had a moment of silence...we were able to listen to the quiet and think about all of the blessings the Lord has given us, including the mountains and wildlife.
Right behind me, there is a hiking trail that you can't see. It was a pretty long hike. I was in charge of the second year hike...man, those girls like to complain. ;)
Left to Right: Sarah, me, and Angela. Sarah and I were always together. She wasn't planning on going to Girls' Camp...but I threatened her.
There were so many other things we did at camp that I didn't take pictures of. :( For example, there is a pretty big challenge course that we went to. You had to climb to the top of a log, then walk across a log, and then you got to go down a zip line. (of course we had really good safety equipment.) I had so much fun. It's so great because you can go and have a great time, but the Spirit is always there. The camp is truly a gift from God to his Daughters.

2 comments:

Mike Alexis & Grayson said...

I'm so glad that you went to camp. I wish I would have stuck it out. I love all your pictures!

Ben and Marcie said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun at girls camp Taylor! I always loved camp, it was always tons of fun. I love all the pictures you put on here, they're fun to look at!